Saturday, October 8, 2011

Friday Night Lights

On Friday, we headed to Westlake to see Zach (my cousin) and the South Beauregard Knights play the Westlake Rams. I haven’t been to many high school games since I graduated (5.5 years ago!), and I really miss it.

Zach is a sophomore this year and he is one of the kickers. He’s in the middle: Number 14. He kicked once during the game and of course I missed it (a freak rain shower had just gone through – with zero percent forcasted, mind you - and my camera was tucked away nice and dry). If you get the American Press, his picture was on the cover! :)

IMG_9847

Brayden had a really good time watching. For five minutes. He also enjoys schmoozing his grandparents, climbing the bleachers, and sneaking M&Ms.

IMG_9844

He especially loved the band. He talked all evening about the drums and the “moosic” from the band. We may have a future band nerd on our hands! Which is ok by me. :) Band members don’t get tackled.

IMG_9848

Brayden and Mackenly put on quite the half-time performance to anyone who would watch. I got most of it on video. It’s YouTube gold. Hopefully I can figure out how to post it soon. Videos are Jason’s expertise. ;)

IMG_9857

South Beau wound up losing, but we still enjoyed cheering them on. We’re looking forward to seeing more of Zach kicking in the future!

IMG_9846

No comments:

Post a Comment