Thursday, November 3, 2011

L-O-U, I-S-I, A-N-A Tech Dawgs!

Bear with me the next few days…I have a lot of blog recappin’ to do. ;) I’m trying to be better at this blogging nonsense, because I keep looking back at our life and wishing I had written more stuff down. SO…I’m going back over all the fun activities over the last few weeks.

ANYWAY…this past weekend was Homecoming at our Alma Mater, Louisiana Tech!

LaTech We started the weekend’o’fun by leaving Friday evening and heading up 171 to Shreveport/Bossier to see my dear friend, Stacey!

stacey

This is an old picture. Ahhh, freshman year.

Stacey is ENGAGED now (woot!) and I needed to hang my head in shame because I hadn’t even met her beau. So we drove up and spent Friday night/Saturday morning with them. It was a short and sweet visit (and I didn’t take any pictures…whoops). I’m so excited for all the wedding festivities! 

On Saturday morning we drove to the sweet little town of Ruston.

Centennial%20Plaza

That sweet little town holds some of my best memories. I hadn’t been in a year and a half. And Oh My Goodness so much has changed! There’s all sorts of new buildings and fun new places…college students are spoiled now a days, I tell ya. We stopped by the new BCM…it’s amazing. I almost cried. We also caught up with a lot of sweet friends. I was wrangling a three year old plus carrying a ridiculous amount of stuff, so no pictures were taken. Sad day.

After catching up and walking around a bit (and spending too much money in the bookstore…but we needed to stock up – you can’t find Tech gear in the dirty south), we headed to the football game!

IMG_0229

It was Brayden’s first football game (other than a few high school games), and he loved it! We’re slowly making him a football fan. :) It was way hotter than we were expecting, but we made it through.

IMG_0218

IMG_0217

Brayden LOVED Champ the Bulldog, Tech’s mascot. We sat on the bottom row through the whole third quarter hoping that Champ would come over, but he never did. Oh well…next time!

IMG_0225

Brayden, Jason, and “Uncle” Paul at the game…B and Uncle Paul really hit it off! :)

IMG_0234

At this point I stopped taking pictures. We headed to dinner, then visited our friends the Murphy’s! Brayden played with Molly and cousin Phillip and had the best time.

The next morning, we headed to our old church, FBC Ruston. It was good to see some familiar faces! We visited with friends that afternoon then headed home. Brayden passed out in the car.

I’m so thankful for sweet college memories and sweet friends that you can pick up with right where you left off. We need to visit more often, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment