I am way behind on blogging (as per usual). I skipped a post about Thanksgiving, but we'll have to forget and forgive about that. :) Since we've been in full-swing Christmas mode since the day after Christmas, I thought I'd do a post about our tree.
This is our third Christmas to spend together. Our first Christmas, we hadn't quite been married a year and Brayden was a wee tiny baby. We lived in an apartment about the size of shoe box (seriously...you could vacuum the whole house and never have to re-plug the vacuum). It was a cozy little place, but it left very little room for Christmas decor. Still, I couldn't imagine December without a tree, so we got one. A sweet little three footer that only had one ornament on it. At least it was easy to put up and take down! :)
Last Christmas, we had moved to Lake Charles a few months prior and were still living with Jason's gracious parents. There was a tree up at their house of course, but it didn't belong to us.
And now we're at this year. We're very blessed to be finally owning our lovely abode...complete with a great big ol' living room. The first thing I said when I saw the living room is, "Wow, we'll be able to have a Christmas tree!" I get slightly giddy around Christmas time, so all of the decor went up the Saturday after Christmas. We still don't have much, but I love the tree's glow and the warm holiday fuzzies it brings to the house.
This is our third Christmas to spend together. Our first Christmas, we hadn't quite been married a year and Brayden was a wee tiny baby. We lived in an apartment about the size of shoe box (seriously...you could vacuum the whole house and never have to re-plug the vacuum). It was a cozy little place, but it left very little room for Christmas decor. Still, I couldn't imagine December without a tree, so we got one. A sweet little three footer that only had one ornament on it. At least it was easy to put up and take down! :)
Last Christmas, we had moved to Lake Charles a few months prior and were still living with Jason's gracious parents. There was a tree up at their house of course, but it didn't belong to us.
And now we're at this year. We're very blessed to be finally owning our lovely abode...complete with a great big ol' living room. The first thing I said when I saw the living room is, "Wow, we'll be able to have a Christmas tree!" I get slightly giddy around Christmas time, so all of the decor went up the Saturday after Christmas. We still don't have much, but I love the tree's glow and the warm holiday fuzzies it brings to the house.
The tree and our make-shift mantle. (complete with the LSU/Arkansas game on the TV screen...there's no need to discuss the outcome of said game.)
Ahhh, I love Christmas. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment